Many job seekers are not getting any response after they are putting an application on the internet. In this digital era, internet job search in Singapore is well-known for being very practical. There are millions of job seekers are applying to jobs, yet they eventually never get any feedback. Who is the one to blame in this case?
The fast-changing technology still can’t make employer life easier, as there are more unqualified applicants are now able to bother the employers. “No Response Syndrome” affects both job seeker and employer in a different way, since job seeker doesn’t get a response while employer doesn’t get a capable candidate.
Unfortunately, this condition doubles itself. Lack of response made more and more job seekers are increasing their application to various positions from countless companies. They understand that they might not be qualified, but they want to try because all they want to get is a single response. On the other hand, the more employer didn’t respond job seeker applications, the more they will get unqualified candidates.
As both of them are to blame, there is an antidote for this problem. Never again to use the most popular job boards, because job seeker will barely get any response and employer will hardly get any good candidate. Instead, try to use niche job board. There are several types of these websites, such as industry specific sites, community-based sites, blogs, local and national professional associations, regionally specific job boards, and local newspaper sites.
The existence of niche job boards is a solution for this ‘no response’ thing going on the internet job search. Here are the reasons:
- It is very specific with clear target market. Job seekers will find it easier to find the relevant positions.
- It has less job seekers. Only the right job seekers will be there. For quantity, it might be a little. However, employers could easily get the right candidate without getting a pile of applications.
- It could be a place to build a better relationship with your future employee and employer. There are so many job search related content that makes each visitor wants to engage.
- Employers could be more open, as the visitors are targeted. As an employer, you can provide more contact information and nobody would use that information for the wrong reasons.
- It increases around 10 times responses for job applications than popular big job boards. If you are a job seeker who want to get a response, you should totally go to this kind of website.